Open discussion about ILM and the magic they create. Also VFX and movies in general. Anyone can post topics here.

Moderator: malducin

By PaulILMFan
I like the Endor water storm sequences around the Death Star ruins for sure but refuse to pay for Disney SW anymore so I will watch for free next year when it streams on my cable provider!
By ShaneP
Hey, JJ had the Enterprise rising out of the water in Into Darkness so how about a Star Destroyer? Huh? HUH?!

I love some of the shots like the Emperor's throne and the iceberg city with the Ties flying towards it. Plenty to like visually out of context. The vfx and visuals look great. My worry is about the story.
By PaulILMFan
Hey, JJ had the Enterprise rising out of the water in Into Darkness so how about a Star Destroyer? Huh? HUH?!

I love some of the shots like the Emperor's throne and the iceberg city with the Ties flying towards it. Plenty to like visually out of context. The vfx and visuals look great. My worry is about the story.
Yeah I agree the visuals are really good but the last movie was so poor the only thing which I am really interested in is how they handle the Emperor will it undermine the character & make him a buffoon or will he be the most evil ruler of the galaxy just not sure Disney will allow a really dark ending to this saga!
Is that website primarily a press release outlet, with the actual stories all done internally? I only saw the one guy (editor) 's name on the several stories I scanned through. The SHOOT name sounds familiar but I don't recognize the layout, so I'm wondering if this is a place I pitched to previously and just didn't get a response.

I just saw on the site it says it has been around since 1960 (same amount of time I've been around.) Yet I don't recall ever seeing the print version either, despite living in SoCal for awhile. Wonder if this was like MILLIMETER (which, during decades in the Bay Area, I only ever found out at two outlets, and never was able to subscribe to.)
Might just be in the biggest markets like LA and NYC where physical copies were available. When I lived in CA I ran across Variety and THR in most bookstores. It's been years since I've seen one in Utah.

But we have posted stuff from SHOOT over the years, especially when ILM still had their commercial division.
BTL talks to Guyett and the TROS vfx team:

http://www.btlnews.com/awards/contender ... skywalker/

Interesting blurb about the new Sydney office:

Supervised by Patrick Tubach, the overall ILM visual effects supervisor, a group of crafts teams in Singapore were responsible for the described water scene; ILM in Vancouver toiled on shots set in the Sith Sanctuary.
ILM’s headquaters in San Francisco covered the Battle over Exegol while a new Australian ILM office handled stunt work and compositing.