Open discussion about ILM and the magic they create. Also VFX and movies in general. Anyone can post topics here.

Moderator: malducin

Can anyone tell me what sequences ILM did on Antman and the wasp? Really hope the skateboard truck sequence, just amazing.
Cheers
The skateboard truck sequence was pretty good. I always love vehicle work where it's hard to tell what was practical and what was CG. Hoping they have some decent BTS of that scene in the Blu-Ray release.
For those curious about ILMs work on ANT-MAN and THE WASP, they did the first Quantum Realm sequence with Pym. Method did the first part with the slug-like creatures (ILM and Method designed the opening bit.) ILM took over after that and did the really trippy stuff after that.. Method did the Quantum sequence at the end.. DNeg did the "skateboard " sequence and Scanline did the really Giant-Man stuff in the harbor...
I have finally just watched Infinity war and was wondering which bits ILM did other than Wakanda stuff! Please could someone enlighten me! Cheers
They helped with early development of motion capture for Thanos through the Medusa system and did some of the time influenced disintegrations at the end of the film. I seem to recall that they also built basic assets that other vendors then used too but can't remember specifically.
I have finally just watched Infinity war and was wondering which bits ILM did other than Wakanda stuff! Please could someone enlighten me! Cheers
Here you go bigj! This is an artofvfx interview where Vincent talks to Russell Earl about ILM's work on the film. Nice pics and details about their work.

http://www.artofvfx.com/avengers-infini ... ght-magic/

ILM did about 600 shots in about seven months. :eek: Dang, these schedules are brutal for films today. But the work all around for all vfx companies was terrific.

Unsurprisingly, Earl has now moved onto Infinity War Part 2. Cant wait to see how the Russos wrap this all up.