Well all the dates are corrected (I think). But the big mess was that html tags in the posts were translated again. So something like <em> would be stored as <em> in the database, instead of the raw html. Argggghhh big mess, especially for backup and portability considerations (in case I ever need to change to a different cms, maybe I should consider Wordpress). So again a bit of coding work to translate those back. The big prober were all the <a href tags. I had to find a good regular expression for that (I'm no regexp guru) and then make it work on a php script. Well it didn't work but it was because I had a tiny quoting error
. Anyway I just finished cleaning all the news posts (and at the same time created a good backup of posts). I'm just visually confirming that everything looks good. At 1544 posts it'll take me a little bit but I think after that I can finally put the site online next week and start updating.
Also figured out the category icons. While the instructions mentioned just to copy them over, actually you have to reupload them, since it uses the filecabinet module for that as well as opposed of just placing a folder in the appropriate place. Anyway no biggie.
Also corrected the users, and just pending is correcting the menu. I've started working on the theme as well but it's not finished yet.
I need some coffee.