Announcements about the forums, like upgrades, features, etc.

Moderator: malducin

By malducin
Just a quick note. Power supply of my main machine died unexpectedely, just as I was trying to adjust the board to have less registration spam. Unfortunately this left me dead in the water. I'm hopefull that the HD is intact (and for that matter nothing else fried). I won't be able to do any updates in a few days till I get a new power supply this week. Email is fine but it'll take me a while to reply for the time being.
By malducin
Well it's worse than I thought. At least the motherboard is fried. Don't know what else might be. Video card seems fine but I still don't know the status of the RAM and hard drives. Worst of all I don't know anyone who has a computer that can handle SATA drives, so no way I can check if the drives are ok. While I could get the board in a couple days, RAM might be a problem. So it looks like maybe at least another week. Worst, work is crazy right now.

On another note, if people don't report problems via email, I can't fix them. At this point I'm considering just taking the whole boards down for a month if I don't get any help.
By malducin
Since no one is eager or willing to help, I'll close down the boards when I get the machine up and running (probably this coming weekend). They'll be closed indefinetely till the main page is up to date.

So enjoy this last few days.
By malducin
Problem is worse than I thought. It might be the case the CPU and/or RAM might have fried as well. This will set me back a few more days.
By malducin
Well it turned out to be a bad BIOS that was screwing the new machine. I got it fixed a few days after.

My problems after that was that I hosed the FAT on my hd, so I had to recover all my data, but fortunately I got all or most (including all the ILMfan data, which is quite a lot). After that my main problem is I've been so busy I haven't had time to reinstall all my software. Even now in December,, I only have the barebones to work on this machine. Just can't wait till the holidays so I can take care of this among many other things (no rest for the weary).