Open discussion about ILM and the magic they create. Also VFX and movies in general. Anyone can post topics here.

Moderator: malducin

By Shane
All the Fortress shots?! Even the ones with the Fortress being created and the later ones with the flyovers!? Are you sure?! That cannot be full-size. The water looks way too big! Look at the ripples! It just doesn't look right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shane on 2002-09-05 12:37 ]</font>
By Ahem
Last edited by Ahem on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By malducin
Ahem, I was referring to Ewan. It's fine for him to disagree I just wished he expressed his opinions. Though I sure he wanted. But his first language is not English. You did stick to your guns though. I have much to comment here but I have to read much to distill here.
By Kmart
Shane wrote:A double negative makes it a positive. The correct question would be "I believe Bruce Nicholson was the effects supervisor yes?"

:grin:

And yes, yes he was. Let me pull out my super-ultra-comprehensive list and come up with something.

EDIT:

I mentioned this to Kmart before, but how about Space Rangers? No? Yes? Yo? Nes?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shane on 2002-08-22 18:52 ]</font>

I just got SPACE RANGERS on DVD and had totally forgotten about the ILM credit on the pilot. Found a discussion of their involvement here and it isn't very flattering - the work is godawful bad btw, no motion blur at all, cartoony as all get-out.
https://books.google.com/books?id=KZcIA ... 22&f=false