Open discussion about ILM and the magic they create. Also VFX and movies in general. Anyone can post topics here.

Moderator: malducin

I have little desire to see, what I believe is the 17th Spider-Man movie in the last 17 years, but gotta' hand it to Marvel yet again for the next movie in their string of consecutive $750 million+ movies. :lol:

Looks like another solid movie VFX-wise. I appreciate the new suit(s) designs to add some spice and variety to things.
I have little desire to see, what I believe is the 17th Spider-Man movie in the last 17 years, but gotta' hand it to Marvel yet again for the next movie in their string of consecutive $750 million+ movies. :lol:

Looks like another solid movie VFX-wise. I appreciate the new suit(s) designs to add some spice and variety to things.
But Donnie Darko as Mysterio? :-? Tom Holland is perfectly cast as Parker but Jake as a villain seems an odd choice. Maybe he can pull it off? We will see.
But Donnie Darko as Mysterio? :-? Tom Holland is perfectly cast as Parker but Jake as a villain seems an odd choice. Maybe he can pull it off? We will see.
I've never been blown away by Tom Holland as Spidey (or frankly any of the Spidey actors - they've been good, but Parker's a character that I think a lot of actors can pull off, so it's not like it's world-changing casting) and I've never seen Donnie Darko. I enjoy Jake as an actor, and Mysterio is really playing against type, so that is what I'm genuinely interested in seeing play out.