Open discussion about ILM and the magic they create. Also VFX and movies in general. Anyone can post topics here.

Moderator: malducin

I must say, except for the Blockbuster shot, which was mildly amusing (although it feels less like a throwback to the '90s and more like Blockbuster is trying to make a comeback with a product placement plug), I think this looks pretty standard.
I don't know anything about Capt Marvel except that I saw a few eps of SHAZAM! when I was a kid (which probably means I don't know anything about Capt Marvel at all), but the Blockbuster shot was the only thing I strongly disliked about the trailer - it seemed like somebody revisited a shot from Escape from L.A. quality-wise.
Kmart wrote:I don't know anything about Capt Marvel except that I saw a few eps of SHAZAM! when I was a kid (which probably means I don't know anything about Capt Marvel at all), but the Blockbuster shot was the only thing I strongly disliked about the trailer - it seemed like somebody revisited a shot from Escape from L.A. quality-wise.

Shazam? Uhm....wrong Captain Marvel and wrong comic universe Kmart! :lol:

Seriously though, they are making a live action Shazam. In fact, I think it is in the can and will be released next year.