Open discussion about ILM and the magic they create. Also VFX and movies in general. Anyone can post topics here.

Moderator: malducin

3-1/2 days in and no new posts? C'mon, I need to read some good stuff, especially if it is about 2018 movies that I might wind up pitching for articles. Counting STUDIO DAILY, DIGITAL VIDEO, ICG and the first VFX VOICE piece, I wrote about three dozen pieces last year, but have almost nothing lined up for 2018 outside of WRINKLE IN TIME (my VFX piece for TWIN PEAKS never happened, and several other good stories also, like MOSAIC and GODLESS, also fell through recently.)

anyway, have a good year folks. I PROMISE that this year will be different and I will actually see a movie in the theater (have no idea which one it will be though - maybe BR2049 if the local 2nd run house in Tigard, OR gets it.)
Just south of Portland, about 10 minutes away. Though I imagine we'll be heading a ways south or out of state soon (anybody know of career opportunities for freelance writers without a college degree?), because all the folks moving from NY to Portland are driving prices up astronomically - it feels like Portland is going through the San Jose thing that drove us out of Silicon Valley, where I grew up and lived till I took the Cinefex gig in 1998. It just seems to be happening much faster here.
Kmart wrote:Just south of Portland, about 10 minutes away. Though I imagine we'll be heading a ways south or out of state soon (anybody know of career opportunities for freelance writers without a college degree?), because all the folks moving from NY to Portland are driving prices up astronomically - it feels like Portland is going through the San Jose thing that drove us out of Silicon Valley, where I grew up and lived till I took the Cinefex gig in 1998. It just seems to be happening much faster here.

White East coast gentrification f***ers! :P