Open discussion about ILM and the magic they create. Also VFX and movies in general. Anyone can post topics here.

Moderator: malducin

By Kmart
Deakins' win kind of ruins my icebreaker when talking with DPs. I always mention how I've been interviewing Deakins time and again since late 99 and keep thinking I've been jinxing him -- now I can't make that claim any longer!
ShaneP wrote:Hah! He's been nominated what, fifteen times? He was the Susan Lucci of cinematographers.

I was going to say he's the Meryl Streep of cinematographers, but Googling Susan Lucci, yikes, that's also accurate. :lol:
By ShaneP
TylerMirage wrote:
ShaneP wrote:Hah! He's been nominated what, fifteen times? He was the Susan Lucci of cinematographers.

I was going to say he's the Meryl Streep of cinematographers, but Googling Susan Lucci, yikes, that's also accurate. :lol:

Here's a guy that puts Susan Lucci, Streep and Deakins to shame:

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/mov ... on-n726021

Sound Mixer Kevin O'Connell. Dude was nominated TWENTY ONE TIMES before a win. First nominated in 1984! Won last year for Hacksaw Ridge.

"Speaking to NBC News in the run up to Sunday's awards, O'Connell admitted that he had "been called the Susan Lucci of the Academy Awards,” referring to the actress who played the devious Erica Kane on the long-running soap opera “All My Children” and needed 19 tries before she finally took home an Emmy."