Open discussion about ILM and the magic they create. Also VFX and movies in general. Anyone can post topics here.

Moderator: malducin

By The Cynic
There are two "Making of" type books coming out this year. The first one "Official Mission Debrief" arrives April 11. Despite being 96 pages (based on the Amazon description), it looks fairly in-depth....

The other is the "Making Rogue One" extensive oral history type book similar to the Rinzler Original Trilogy "Making" books...Comes out in October..

If you haven't picked up the "Ultimate Visual Guide" Rogue One book I suggest you do, as it is quite good, despite missing a few characters and situations added in post-production...
Last edited by The Cynic on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ShaneP
The Cynic wrote:There are two "Making of" type books coming out this year. The first one "Official Mission Debrief" arrives April 11. Despite being 96 pages (based on the Amazon description), it looks fairly in-depth....

The other is the "Making Rogue One" extensive oral history type book similar to the Rinzler Original Trilogy "Making" books...

If you haven't picked up the "Ultimate Visual Guide" Rogue One book I suggest you do, as it is quite good, despite missing a few characters and situations added in post-production...

Oh cool. I've been looking forward to the Making Of book for R1. Still very strange they cancelled Cotta Vaz's The Force Awakens one. Maybe they are holding back until the trilogy is done because there might be spoilers? I do hope we get one eventually because the coverage for TFA, while good, was still incomplete, or felt so, without an In-Depth Making Of books going into all aspects of the film.