Open discussion about ILM and the magic they create. Also VFX and movies in general. Anyone can post topics here.

Moderator: malducin

By aslan
Bear scat is full of protein, that's some good eating. Better get used to it if Drumpf wins.

It is a very quiet site nowadays. I know I find it difficult to get on here lately for one reason or another, I assume the same is true for others also. Has Mal left it now?

Thanks to you again though Shane for your updates, always appreciated.
By ShaneP
aslan wrote:Bear scat is full of protein, that's some good eating. Better get used to it if Drumpf wins.

It is a very quiet site nowadays. I know I find it difficult to get on here lately for one reason or another, I assume the same is true for others also. Has Mal left it now?

Thanks to you again though Shane for your updates, always appreciated.

Trumpty Dumbty sat on his wall.
Trumpty Dumbty had a great fall.
All the republican forces
And all the racist white men
Couldn't put Trump's campaign together again.

Trump isn't going to beat Hillary so yeah we dodged an YUGE asteroid with that one….and somehow still get a corrupt politician anyway with Hillary. God have mercy on us. :(

But yes, I try to update the forums as people do still at least look at the articles even if they don't usually comment. Manuel is still around somewhere. It's still his site. I just update the forums because no one else is.

There is still a committed small group of posters here: you, ninja,Tyler, PaulILM, Kevin, vfxfan, and me. I'm not sure what happened to big J. He was posting until last Spring.
By ShaneP
I would say Cubs just because 1908. 1908?!

But I think the Indians will win. You must be pretty psyched right about now.

It's just great to see two teams there that are not the usual suspects. Cubs haven't been since the end of WW2!

I'm a Dodgers fan and prefer the NL usually. I don't really have a dog in this fight.
By ShaneP
It was very cool how LeBron went about returning to Cleveland too. Nice to see him bring a title there. They could get a few more too before he's done.

Browns…I don't know what to say. Some franchises just can't seem to shake off a funk.
Still around just not much to say VFX are so commonplace now I find most of the CG work actually really boring! Give me some good old fashioned physical models & use CG to blend the models with the impossible :D

Star Trek Beyond Bluray just released shows how good the VFX work are :eek: shame the movie had such a low box office due to being released in late summer instead of may where it would have done so much better. The fancy end credits sequence also has a few nice surprises in it for TOS fans :e_wink:

ST4 is not looking assured right now but if it does happen Dneg should get the FX contract for sure :thumbup:

Transformers 5 has been filming heavily in the UK recently I wonder what ILM are going to come up with for that one some of the leaked onset footage & pics shows some insane autobot car models & King Arthur era battlescenes :thumbup:

Indy 5 is also coming up I wonder who will get that highly sought after supervisor role @ ILM??

Rogue One looks horrible to me I am going to skip that altogether & see Passengers instead. Titanic in space with no crew sounds & looks like it could be unique I love those less is more space movies with minimal actors & maximum budget FX blowout's on mega sets & FX!!