Open discussion about ILM and the magic they create. Also VFX and movies in general. Anyone can post topics here.

Moderator: malducin

Oh I have plenty of Art of and Making of books but wanted to know about the RP1 ones.

So these are more the typical skimp on the vfx part of it then? I will pass if that is the case. Vfx are such a huge part of films like these I just can't justify the price.
ShaneP wrote:Oh I have plenty of Art of and Making of books but wanted to know about the RP1 ones.

So these are more the typical skimp on the vfx part of it then? I will pass if that is the case. Vfx are such a huge part of films like these I just can't justify the price.

Oh, didn't realize you were speaking specifically about the RPO book. I don't have it in-hand yet, unfortunately. Only placed the order a few days ago. :oops:

Simply put, yeah, I don't foresee the RPO book offering much more on the VFX-front than any of the other books, since it appears to be Insight Edition as the publisher. They have their forumla for what to cover in the book and they stick with it. But hey, once it shows up I'll let you know what it's actually like.
I looked at a preview of it online and it does look like it follows the usual pattern of Making of books that are released so close to the film's release. I would just as soon wait a few extra months if it meant we could get some vfx coverage but I understand companies want their stuff out day of release. Corporate synergy!