Open discussion about ILM and the magic they create. Also VFX and movies in general. Anyone can post topics here.

Moderator: malducin

ninja turtle wrote:Yep, terrible movie, but exceptional animation(even better than the first movie). I wonder also if the water ,during the Brazil scenes, is mostly cg.

Pablo mentioned they used a lot of CG water because of some of the nature of the shots and the plates not really having enough cinematic flair(my words).

I think if you read about those river shoots in the above articles I linked to he mentions the limitations arising during the production shoots.
ShaneP wrote:
ninja turtle wrote:Yep, terrible movie, but exceptional animation(even better than the first movie). I wonder also if the water ,during the Brazil scenes, is mostly cg.

Pablo mentioned they used a lot of CG water because of some of the nature of the shots and the plates not really having enough cinematic flair(my words).

I think if you read about those river shoots in the above articles I linked to he mentions the limitations arising during the production shoots.

Yes, resd it, Shane. I had doubts because some of the water shots look too real to be cg.Really amazing work.