Open discussion about ILM and the magic they create. Also VFX and movies in general. Anyone can post topics here.

Moderator: malducin

By ShaneP
Nice retrospective piece Ian. Read it last night. '96 was one of my favorite years for ILM: Twister, Mission Impossible, Dragon heart,Mars Attacks, 101 Dalmations, etc. Just an exceptional year with each of those films a standout. And yes, I tend to look at a company's annual slate. I'm weird like that. :P

I watched Twister twice in the theaters back then. And you mentioned the teaser. I know I saw it in the theater once. Not sure what film it was with though. Seemed like it was a while before the release though….months. Not sure. No, it wasn't attached to Speed. :e_biggrin:

Nice to see the blog back up and running. Looking forward to reading your vfx stuff there and at Cartoon Brew.

:cheers:
By TylerMirage
Nice retrospective piece Ian. Read it last night. '96 was one of my favorite years for ILM: Twister, Mission Impossible, Dragon heart,Mars Attacks, 101 Dalmations, etc. Just an exceptional year with each of those films a standout. And yes, I tend to look at a company's annual slate. I'm weird like that. :P
Not weird at all. :D I find that reviewing a vendor's year's work is fascinating.