Open discussion about ILM and the magic they create. Also VFX and movies in general. Anyone can post topics here.

Moderator: malducin

By TylerMirage
Our first visual morsels of the live-action Justice Leag- I mean, Batman movi- I mean, ugh, I guess it's technically a Man of Steel sequel, right?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/30202 ... -batmobile

And a look at the Affleck-Suit and Affleck-mobile.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=118184

I definitely dig the new Batmobile. Was never a fan of Nolan's Tumbler, but taking the detailed, armored look of it and layering it on top of what's essentially the sleek silhouette of the Burton/Schumacher vehicle is gold in my books.

A big 'meh' on the suit, though. I don't really like the short, nubby bat-ears, but I'll wait until we can get a better look at it in its entirety. Plus, both the suit and batmobile could look completely different once in motion.

Has there been any news on the VFX houses for this? Most of the 'news' came from Damon or Garner saying "Guise don't worry it'll be great I saw the suit and the fans will love it" or saying that the production has been moved back. :lol: But there might've been news on the VFX that I just didn't catch.
By aslan
There was an interview recently with Letterie, he implied that Weta would be working on this.

I want to be interested in this, but Man of Steel was such a drag that I'm finding it difficult.
By ShaneP
There was an interview recently with Letterie, he implied that Weta would be working on this.

I want to be interested in this, but Man of Steel was such a drag that I'm finding it difficult.
I feel the same. I have Batman and Superman fatigue.
By aslan
You too huh Shane?

It shouldn't be this way, especially given my love for the Marvel films. Though I also have zero interest in the new Spiderman aswell.
By ShaneP
No, I would add Spidey into that too. It was simply too soon after the Raimi films to reboot it to catch my interest. I love the other Marvel films. But the next round of Superman and Batman films, along with current Spidey, don't have any interest from me.
By TylerMirage
:thumbup: For a superhero based around the central idea of like, hope and light and stuff, the movie was depressing as heck. :lol:
By TylerMirage
Ah, I knew there was a whole thread for this movie! I posted this in the general movie thread, but...

Trailer hit a few days ago.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/traile ... e#/slide/1

While I'm still hesitant on this movie as a whole, I'll definitely end up seeing it. Best case scenario is that it proves to be an awesome action movie. Worst case scenario is that I'll get loads of laughs out of how bad it is. :lol:

The robo-Batsuit looks awesome and it's nice to see some practical FX work and explosions.

Biggest plus for me, visually, is that Snyder appears to have dropped that verite-esque cinematography from MoS. It works for some scenes like at the Kent Farm, but the rest of the movie...nah.
By ShaneP
Just not feeling this film. Loved Nolan's Batman Begins and TDK, and even enjoyed TDKR. But I'm not a fan of Zack Snyder. I'll wait for netflix.
By malducin
I'm with Tyler, I'll just see it for the VFX and probably a lot of unintentional comedy.

As someone pointed out, that armor suits looks like the LEGO Movie Batman.
By TylerMirage
I'm with Tyler, I'll just see it for the VFX and probably a lot of unintentional comedy.

As someone pointed out, that armor suits looks like the LEGO Movie Batman.
Well, dang. What has been seen cannot be unseen...
By TylerMirage
So I saw this the other weekend. I don't have time to give full thoughts on it at the moment, but did anyone else catch the flick?

Lots of VFX vendors in the credits, which makes sense, because there's a lot of varied work in the film (screens, CG batmobile, digital doubles, recreating destruction from the first film, Doomsday, etc.)