Open discussion about ILM and the magic they create. Also VFX and movies in general. Anyone can post topics here.

Moderator: malducin

By aslan
Apparently I know someone who knows someone who knows somone who is going to be working at ILM London!!

It is most unlikley I will ever meet them, rendering this one of the most pointles posts ever and tantalisingly frustrating for me.
By ShaneP
:lol:

So that means that we know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who will be working there.

:cheers:
By aslan
:) That's right. Can you feel the elation at being so close ? I have breathed the same air as someone, someone, someone.

Highlight of my life.
By aslan
Further to not knowing someone, I now know someone else!!

A casual acquaintance of mine is a film and tv extra. He's currently in the new 24 series. He is also going to be background in Star Wars 7, including some greenscreen work. I assume he will be signing an nda, and I don't know him well enough probably for him to reveal too much, but we do talk, so you never know.

At this rate I will be having JJ and Guyett over to dinner soon.
By TylerMirage
aslan wrote:Further to not knowing someone, I now know someone else!!

A casual acquaintance of mine is a film and tv extra. He's currently in the new 24 series. He is also going to be background in Star Wars 7, including some greenscreen work. I assume he will be signing an nda, and I don't know him well enough probably for him to reveal too much, but we do talk, so you never know.

At this rate I will be having JJ and Guyett over to dinner soon.

"So, hypothetically speaking, if you were to reveal top-secret information about the movie to me, what kinds of things would you say? You know, only hypothetically."
By aslan
Hypothetically I might know lots of secret stuff about sets and costumes.

Hypothetically :twisted:
By ShaneP
aslan wrote:I know nothing by the way.

NOTHING.

Can we put you under a glaring heat lamp and in a dark room with a guy who chain smokes cigarettes and speaks in a German accent?
By aslan
Well I'm not really into the kinky stuff, but if that's what floats your boat.... Ok I'll try it.
By aslan
It really did. Will be good to get some new info on the london facility to get it back on track.
By aslan
I think Todd was referring to my strange response to Shane's threat of torture!!!

How did I bring us to this?
By ShaneP
aslan wrote:It really did. Will be good to get some new info on the london facility to get it back on track.

No no. Not kinky. A interrogation. Think Newman and Wilford Brimley from Seinfeld. Except Brimley isn't German or smoking. :D
By ShaneP
:lol:

I just want to say that the thread didn't just get weird. It was weird from day one when me and aslan and bigj all talked about a stakeout of the soho ILM office and taking a road trip to look at.....wait for it.....office buildings.
:P

Now that's weird.
By aslan
:lol: Yeah, I'm sorry I weirded out this whole topic. Still, if we keep it here then proper discourse can happen in the other threads.

I was in London this past week. If only I knew where the secret base was I would have done my shifty stalker thing.