Open discussion about ILM and the magic they create. Also VFX and movies in general. Anyone can post topics here.

Moderator: malducin

John knoll and Chad wiebe suping jungle cruise. Aladdin has 4 supervisors who I can't remember. ILM had their regular six month site update, apart from all their other shows of course.

Let me try off the top of my head:

Michael Mulholland-overall, David Seager, Ivan Busquets, Jeff Capogreco.

edit: Just checked- X! Not Ivan Busquets but Daniele Bigi.
ILM is working on a new Netflix show debuting later this month(November 30th). It is called 1983 and is about a terrorist attack in Poland which led to a police state and where the Berlin Wall never fell.

Here is the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Is8d_FnMTg

The show is being directed by various Polish directors, including Agnieszka Holland, known for Europa, Europa and episodes of David Simon's The Wire and Treme.

She also directed one of my favorite children's movies of all-time The Secret Garden(1993). I love that film. I don't care what anyone thinks. :D
OVERLORD was the best WOLFENSTEIN movie we're likely ever gonna get. I would love to read coverage of ILM's and Rodeo FX's work on the film, as the mutants seemed to be mostly makeup, and the rest was more obvious WWII stuff.

ILM was also involved in the Medusa capture for THE NUTCRACKER AND THE FOUR REALMS. The best way to describe this movie is something a pedophile from the HARRY POTTER universe would make to lure kids. An overall awkward and sometimes creepy experience much like A WRINKLE IN TIME.
You actually watched The Nutcracker and the Four Realms? Yikes. That movie has two directors. Johnston was brought in for extensive reshoots after Lasse Hallestrom shot the picture months ago.

ILM has the exclusive on the Medusa. If vfx companies use it, they have to go through ILM for the service. It's like a tech agreement between Disney and ILM. We will see more of this in films next year too.