Open discussion about ILM and the magic they create. Also VFX and movies in general. Anyone can post topics here.

Moderator: malducin

Have you ever seen Rudd recreate old music video pop songs on Fallon? He so sells it so hard that you can't get the song out of your head for months afterward, no matter how bad the actual music was and is. There's one with lyrics that go, like.
'I'll get over you, I know I will, I'll pretend my ship's not sinking,'
and the only way I can make it go away is by chanting to myself,
"I'll pretend my shit's not stinking."

I mishear pretty much all pop lyrics anyway -- for decades I thought Billy Idol was singing, "howzabout a date" when it (apparently) was 'eyes without a face.'
Have you ever seen Rudd recreate old music video pop songs on Fallon? He so sells it so hard that you can't get the song out of your head for months afterward, no matter how bad the actual music was and is. There's one with lyrics that go, like.
'I'll get over you, I know I will, I'll pretend my ship's not sinking,'
and the only way I can make it go away is by chanting to myself,
"I'll pretend my shit's not stinking."

I mishear pretty much all pop lyrics anyway -- for decades I thought Billy Idol was singing, "howzabout a date" when it (apparently) was 'eyes without a face.'
LOL. No I haven't but I will now. I was always mishearing words in songs.
So...IMDB's rating system is a fucking mess. It's broken. Done.

Have you looked at the score for CATS? It is as 2.7. TWO-POINT-SEVEN! Come on! It can't be that bad can it? And then you look at the individual breakdowns of the scoring and it is overwhelmed by ones. This is clearly an attempt by people to drive the score down.
So...IMDB's rating system is a fucking mess. It's broken. Done.

Have you looked at the score for CATS? It is as 2.7. TWO-POINT-SEVEN! Come on! It can't be that bad can it? And then you look at the individual breakdowns of the scoring and it is overwhelmed by ones. This is clearly an attempt by people to drive the score down.
Oh yes, it was that bad. After just 5 minutes of movie, I was just squirming in my seat just wanting it to end. Even the "WTFness" factor got tiresome in that amount of time. I honestly think it's one of the worst movies of the decade and one of the worst I've ever seen.

A lot of bad movies still have some misplaced enjoyment, such as BATTLEFIELD EARTH or BATMAN & ROBIN, but CATS was horrid and unpleasant. The only positive thing I might say is that the art direction is interesting, but everything else is something doctors might force Alex to watch in CLOCKWORK ORANGE.